Fall and Spring Semesters
For on-campus students, twelve or more credit hours are considered full-time for undergraduates, and nine or more credit hours are considered full-time for graduate students. However, Tuition and Fees for Distance Education Campus courses are calculated on a per-credit-hour basis for the TOTAL number of Distance Education credit hours in which a student is registered.
Students enrolled during the same semester in both Main/Uptown Center Campus courses and Distance Education Campus courses should be aware that the charges for each are calculated separately rather than “rolled together.” Since Distance Education Campus charges are independent of Main Campus charges, those undergraduate students enrolled in 12 or more credits with Main Campus and those graduate students enrolled in 9 or more credits with Main Campus, who are also enrolled in one or more Distance Education Campus courses, will be billed at the full-time rate for Main Campus and will be billed additionally, on a per-credit-hour basis, for their Distance Education courses.
Tuition and Fee charges for Main/Uptown Center Campus courses and Distance Education Campus courses are calculated separately.
To locate Distance Education courses from Banner's "Class Schedule Search" page, select "Distance Education" in the Campus field.
- See the Student Accounts Office website for information on billing, payments, payment policies, and refunds.
- Students enrolled in distance education courses qualify for financial aid under the same conditions as those set for on-campus students. For financial aid information, go to the Student Financial Aid website.
- Undergraduate students admitted as non-resident students and billed out-of-state tuition and fees should direct questions about this status to the North Carolina Residency Determination Service
- Graduate students admitted as non-resident students and billed out-of-state tuition and fees should direct questions about this status to the UNC Charlotte Residency Determination Office.
Additionally, scholarships may be available for your program of study. Further information on scholarships and other potential resources for funding your education is available at the following Websites:
- Funding a Graduate Education
- College of Education Scholarships
- Scholarships for Nontraditional Students
- College of Health and Human Services
- College Foundation of North Carolina
- UNC Charlotte Scholarship Office
- OASES Scholarships