Submit the following two (2) applications to apply to the Neurodiagnostics and Sleep Science Program. Admission to UNC Charlotte is independent of admission to the Neurodiagnostics and Sleep Science Program. Admission decisions are communicated in writing by the Department. Applicants who are denied may reapply.
- Apply for admission to UNC Charlotte as a Transfer student. Please note you will need to have official transcripts sent to the UNC Charlotte Admissions Office in order to complete the institutional application process. The instructions are on the application webpage. New users will need to create an account to access the online application. You will apply as a Transfer student.
- Apply to the Department of Kinesiology by completing an online application.
The NDSS program will begin in the fall semester. Students who are graduating in May and will be taking their registry exam (and will have results before classes begin in August), can also apply.
To be considered for admission to the Neurodiagnostics and Sleep Science Program, you must meet the following minimum admission eligibility requirements:
- Current registration as a RPSGT or R.EEG T. by the Board of Registration of Polysomnographic Technologists or the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better from a degree program that is from a university accredited by a US Department of Education-recognized institutional accreditor. Degree must be one of the following:
- AS or AA
- AAS in either Polysomnography, Neurodiagnostics Technology or Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor degree
- Training in sleep technology
- Earn at least a C in all coursework taken by the end of the semester prior to the semester for which application is made.
Note: The Undergraduate Admissions Office will waive the high school transcript requirement for Distance Education applicants IF, the applicant has already earned a two year or four year degree at a university accredited by a US Department of Education-recognized institutional accreditor.
Meeting the minimum requirements of the program does not guarantee admission into the program. All application materials for fall admission must be received no later than June 1st; however, it is recommended that you apply as soon as possible.
Prerequisites for Participation in the Clinical Practicum
Drug Testing and Criminal Background Checks. Students in a professional program may be asked by a clinical facility to undergo drug testing and/or have a criminal background check before being allowed to participate in a clinical experience at that facility. Students are responsible for the cost of drug testing and criminal background checks.
IMPORTANT: Both online applications must be submitted with transcripts in order to be considered for admission to the NDSS program.
Please be aware that if you have not been enrolled for 12 consecutive months after the semester last attended at UNC Charlotte, you will need to apply for readmission to the University. Please see this link for additional information.