The Elementary School Mathematics graduate certificate is an 18 credit hour graduate level program.
Who would benefit from this program?
- Students who have a desire to work toward the North Carolina Elementary School Mathematics Add-on License.
What can I expect to learn in this program? The program has been developed in order to:
- Deepen teachers’ and teacher-leaders’ knowledge of mathematics content related to the topics in the elementary mathematics Common Core Standards
- Develop teachers’ and teacher-leaders’ knowledge of standards-based pedagogies to more effectively teach elementary mathematics learners
- Equip teachers and teacher-leaders with leadership skills to be effective leaders of elementary mathematics instruction
- Some of these courses have clinical requirements related to working with elementary grades students and elementary grades teachers.