The Elementary School Mathematics graduate certificate is an 18 credit hour graduate level program that meets the requirements for the North Carolina Elementary School Mathematics Add-on License.
Who would benefit from this program?
- Teachers who want to build the necessary tools, learning process, and children's mathematical thinking, in order to be strong mathematics teachers
- Students who hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and a valid teaching license in Elementary Education (Grades K-6)
- Students who have a desire to develop their knowledge, skills, and dispositions in public school/agency settings
What can I expect to learn in this program?
- Six courses totaling 18 graduate credit hours focus on the knowledge needed for successfully teaching mathematics at the elementary level
- Clinical field experiences in elementary school settings provide opportunities for helping all students learn, including children with exceptionalities and students from diverse ethnic/racial, linguistic, gender, and socioeconomic groups