What can I do with this program after I graduate?
- The M.A.T. program leads to the advanced “M” teaching license. Coursework focuses on globalization, graduate level foreign language, research methods, leadership and professional development.
All coursework to complete the M.A.T. must be completed in a six-year time frame, beginning with the first course taken in the Graduate Certificate Program.
Specialized Pedagogy Course: select one of the following
- TESL 6206: Globalization, Communities, and Schools
- MDSK 6220: Adolescence and Learning
Advanced Level (5000-6000) Foreign Language Literature or Foreign Language Culture Course:*
- Three hours in a graduate level (5000-6999) course in the licensure area (3)
- RSCH 6101: Research Methods
- FLED 6200: Advanced Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages
Final courses to be taken in Phase II:
- MDSK 6260: Teacher Leadership
- MDSK 6691: Seminar in Professional Development
*Blended Program: At this time, all course in the MAT, with the exception of the advanced language course, are delivered 100% online.