- Completion of the Graduate Certificate in Teaching
- A minimum graduate GPA of 3.5 in the Graduate Certificate in Teaching
- Students with a GPA below 3.5 in the Graduate Certificate may be considered for admission to the M.A.T. program with scores above the 30th percentile on either the GRE or Millers Analogies Test
- One recommendation from a full-time faculty member who has taught the applicant in the Graduate Certificate in Teaching program
- A statement of purpose
- Apply online at gradadmissions.uncc.edu
In addition to the required application materials, candidates must be currently employed as a teacher, teacher assistant, or have taught within the last two years. Candidates must submit proof of employment along with the required application materials.