What can I do with this program after I graduate?
- Upon successful completion of the M.A.T. Phase II, students are recommended for the North Carolina Standard Professional 2 (SP2) Professional Educator’s License. For the Professional 2 license, students are required to complete an advanced electronic licensure portfolio during coursework.
Common Courses (8 credit hours)
- RSCH 7113: Single-Case Research3
- SPED 6502: Behavioral Assessment3
- SPED 6390: Collaboration and Transition-Focused Education
Concentrations (5 credit hours)
Select one of the following concentrations and its requirements based on the concentration completed during
- General Curriculum Concentration Courses
- SPED 5377: Advanced Literacy for Students with Diverse Learning Needs
- SPED 5379: Diversity and Disability in the Inclusive Classroom
- Adapted Curriculum Concentration Courses
- SPED 5371: Person-Centered Planning within Inclusive Classrooms for Students with Extensive Support Needs
- SPED 6225: Behavior Analytic Intervention in Communication
Capstone Experience (1 credit hour)
- SPED 6691: Seminar in Professional and Leadership Development
The capstone experience for the M.A.T. is fulfilled by completing the evidence project (Data-based Decision Project) in SPED 6691. The instructor of this course and one other assigned faculty, serving as a second reviewer, serve as members of the candidate’s culminating committee in completion of the Data-based Decision Project.