The UNC Charlotte M.Ed. in Elementary Education program is a part-time 100% online 30 hour program. Students in this program develop leadership skills and specialized content knowledge to effectively manage challenges in urban elementary classrooms. Teachers can acquire content knowledge and eligibility for additional certification through coursework in concentration areas, including:
- Academically or Intellectually Gifted
- Anti-Racism in Urban Education (ARUE)
- Elementary Mathematics
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Education
Who would benefit from this program?
- Experienced elementary educators who teach in the state of North Carolina and wish to become instructional leaders, advanced practitioners, and global educators.
What can I expect to learn in this program?
- The program promotes an educational philosophy that values globalization, cultural knowledge, and multiple worldviews.
- Our coursework focuses on targeted, practical assignments that can be used in our candidate’s classroom the next day. Students can apply strategies in a real-world setting without having to leave their teaching responsibilities.