The off-campus cohort of the M.Ed. in Middle and Secondary Education began in Fall 2018 at the Rowan County District Office in Salisbury, North Carolina. The 33-credit hour part-time, blended program delivers instruction online and in face-to-face site courses in Salisbury.
It is a professional degree developed specifically for experienced, licensed teachers in middle and secondary schools who desire advanced study in content and pedagogy, and who seek an opportunity to integrate advanced study with their teaching experiences.
- Complete your Master’s Degree in a timely, cost-effective and convenient manner.
- Graduate tuition support is available from the UNC Charlotte Graduate School for eligible candidates.
Fall 2018 - onsite, select Saturdays, 8:30-4:30:
- MDSK 6220: Adolescence and Learning (3 Credits)
- MDSK 6156: Teaching, Curriculum and Contemporary Issues (3 Credits)
Spring 2019 - online:
- RSCH 6101: Research Methods (3 Credits)
- Advanced content methods according to concentration area (3 Credits)
Summer (2 sessions) 2019 - blended with online and onsite, select class meeting dates 8:30-4:30:
- Middle Grades:
- MDLG 6225: Issues in Middle Grades Education (3 Credits)
- MDSK 5000: Issues in Secondary Education (3 Credits)
- For Everyone:
- Two content courses according to licensure area (6 Credits)
Fall 2019 - blended with online and onsite, select Saturdays, 8:30-4:30:
- MDSK 6260: Teacher Leadership (3 Credits)
- READ 6265: Multi-literacies in a Global World (3 Credits) or
- EDUC 6144: Introduction to National Board Certification (3 Credits)
Spring 2020 - blended with online and onsite, select Saturdays, 8:30-4:30: