The Engineering Management (EMGT) Program evaluates each application based on the combination of the applicant's plan for pursuing the degree, fulfillment of the prerequisites, undergraduate and/or other graduate GPA and background, GRE (or GMAT) scores, work experience, and references. Work experience is preferred but not required.
All applicants have to submit all the required materials to the Graduate School. The Graduate School will forward only the complete packages to the EMGT Program and then the program will evaluate these completed application packages and send recommendations to the Graduate School.
- Transcript(s) showing a baccalaureate degree in engineering, engineering technology, or a scientific discipline, or a baccalaureate degree in business administration from an accredited college or university
- A satisfactory score on the General Test of the GRE or GMAT
- Written descriptions of any relevant and significant work experience
- Applicants whose native language is not English will need to satisfy the UNC Charlotte Graduate School's English proficiency requirements
Students, who do not have the required background in fundamental concepts in engineering economics and/or statistics, will be required to take the following course on top of the 31 credits required for an MSEM degree.
EMGT 6101 Engineering Management Fundamentals (Course credit does not count towards degree requirement)
GRE Waiver conditions:
- GRE is waived for applicants with more than 2 years of relevant industry experience and a bachelor’s degree in engineering from a US ABET accredited school. Must also have a final earned minimum GPA of 3.0 in bachelor degree.
- GRE is waived for applicants who have completed a SEEM Graduate Certificate Program with a GPA of 3.6 or higher. To apply for A GRE waiver, please email Dr Tao Hong at email@example.com. You will need to include:
- Copy of resume
- Unofficial transcripts (unless you have already uploaded them in the application system)
- Brief paragraph explaining your background and your request.
Dr Hong will let you know if he needs anything additional and he will let you know if the waiver has been approved.