- Currently enrolled in the UNCC BSRT program
- Completion of 75 or more hours of undergraduate course work and overall GPA of 3.2 to be accepted (90 hours of undergraduate course work will have been earned, with an overall GPA of 3.0, by the time the first graduate course is taken)
- ·Registered Respiratory Therapist (achieving and maintaining the RRT Credential offered by the National Board of Respiratory Care).
- Current state license to practice Respiratory Therapy.
- Current Resume
- Written statement of purpose (500-1000 words) describing the applicant’s educational goals and expectations of the program.
- Two professional letters of recommendation from instructors or supervisors are required.
- Complete and submit an application via the Graduate School’s admission system.
Upon acceptance, a Graduate Petition must be submitted and approved by the BSRT Program Coordinator, MSRC Program Director, and the Graduate School.
Documents that applicants must provide for application review include the following:
- Associate and Bachelor’s degree transcripts
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT Credential)
- Copy of current state license
- Statement of Purpose: 500 to 1000 words describing the applicant’s educational goals and expectations of the program
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals with academic or professional knowledge of the applicant’s capabilities