Admission requirements for acceptance include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Therapy, related science, or social science from a regionally accredited college or university
- GPA 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). If an applicant has earned or attempted a post-baccalaureate degree (i.e. a master’s, doctoral or other), grades in that program will also be taken into consideration.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (achieving and maintaining the RRT Credential offered by the National Board of Respiratory Care)
- Current state license to practice Respiratory Therapy
- Professional experience consisting of at least 2 years of clinical Respiratory Therapy practice
- Current Resume
- Written statement of purpose (500-1000 words) describing the applicant’s educational goals and expectations of the program
- Two professional letters of recommendation from colleagues or supervisors are required.
- Complete and submit an application via the Graduate Schools admission System.
Documents that applicants must provide for application review include the following:
- Associate and Bachelor’s degree transcripts
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT Credential)
- Copy of current state license
- Statement of Purpose: 500 to 1000 words describing the applicant’s educational goals and expectations of the program
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals with academic or professional knowledge of the applicant’s capabilities