General requirements for Master's students at UNC Charlotte can be found on the Graduate Admissions website.
In addition to the general requirements for admission to the Graduate School, the following are required for admission to the MSN Systems/Population: Community Public Health Nursing specialty:
- Current unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse. Current license in North Carolina or a compact state or the state identified by faculty for clinical practice before enrollment.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited university. A BSN degree from a nationally accredited program is preferred. If the baccalaureate is not in nursing, and courses in research, leadership management, aging and health, and community health are lacking, they will be required as part of the program of study.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 in the last degree earned is preferred.
- Completion of a statistics course with a grade of C or better.
- A statement of purpose, describing the applicant's experience and objective in undertaking graduate study in the chosen specialty.
- For the three letters of recommendation required by the Graduate School, references should be from professional colleagues.
- One year of professional nursing practice is recommended.
- Access to computer within minimum requirements for online courses. Current minimum computer Hardware specifications are listed at Student Computing Services.