This program requires completion of 36 credit hours in approved courses including:
Core Courses (9 credit hours)
- NURS 6101 - Theoretical Basis for Nursing Practice (3)
- NURS 6160 - Research in Nursing and Health Professions (3)
- NURS 6115 - Health Policy and Planning in the U.S. (3)
System Core Courses (6 credit hours)
- NURS 6211 - Health Disparities and Nursing (3)
- NURS 6090 - Selected Topics in Nursing (1-3) (Study Abroad)
- NURS 6212 - Program Improvement and Evaluation (3)
Specialty Courses (18 credit hours)
- NURS 6185 - Theory and Application in the Organizational Behavior to Nursing Systems (3)
- NURS 6187 - Health Informatics and Financial Management for Nurses (3)
- NURS 6188 - Strategic Planning and Decision Making in Nursing (3)
- NURS 6301 - Curriculum and Instruction in Nursing Education (3)
- NURS 6485 - Advanced Practicum in Nursing Administration and Leadership (3)
- NURS 6303 - Instructional Technology in Nursing Education (3)
- NURS 6302 - Trends and Issues in Nursing Education (3)
Capstone Courses (3 credit hours)
- NURS 6603 - Synthesis in Advanced Nursing Practice (3)
Additional Degree Requirement:
- Nursing Administration specialty courses are only offered online through Distance Education. Core and System/Population Core courses can be taken on campus or online as published in the Schedule of Courses.
- Courses in the Nursing Administration specialty are offered every other year.
- A total of 360 clinical hours is required to complete the program.
- Students must maintain a minimum 3.0 (B) GPA in their graduate courses, and may not accumulate more than two C grades.
- Faculty Advising is required.
- Access to computer within minimum requirements for online courses. Current minimum computer Hardware specifications are listed at Student Computing Services.