This program requires completion of 39 credit hours in approved courses, including two clinical practicum and a synthesis course.
Core Courses (12 credit hours)
- NURS 6101 - Theoretical Basis for Nursing Practice (3)
- NURS 6160 - Research in Nursing and Health Professions (3)
- NURS 6115 - Health Policy and Planning in the U.S. (3)
- STAT 6127 - Introduction to Biostatistics (3)
Concentration Courses (24 credit hours)
- NURS 6212 - Program Improvement and Evaluation (3)
- NURS 6301 - Curriculum and Instruction in Nursing Education (3)
- NURS 6302 - Trends and Issues in Nursing Education (3)
- NURS 6303 - Instructional Technology in Nursing Education (3)
- NURS 6305 - Advanced Pathology and Pharmacology for Nurse Educators (3)
- NURS 6304 - Teaching Practicum in Nursing Education (3)
- NURS 6306 - Health Assessment for Nurse Educators (3)
- NURS 6495 - Nurse Educator Advanced Clinical Practicum (3)
Capstone Course (3 credit hours)
- NURS 6603 - Synthesis in Advanced Nursing Practice (3)
Additional Degree Requirements:
- A total of 180 hours in a clinical specialty and 180 hours of supervised teaching experience is required. The clinical site and preceptors are individually arranged by students and course faculty. CAUTION: Not all states allow out-of-state programs to oversee clinical rotations in their state. Check with faculty advisors before taking travel assignments or relocating to other states.
- Faculty Advising is required.
- Access to computer within minimum requirements for online courses. Current minimum computer Hardware specifications are listed at Student Computing Services.