UNC Charlotte offers an add-on licensure post-master’s graduate certificate in School Administration that serves Mecklenburg and the counties surrounding the Charlotte-metropolitan area. The 21 credit hour Post-Master’s certificate is designed for students seeking to “add-on” the Certificate in School Administration to a previous master’s degree. This add-on licensure program is for individuals who hold a master’s degree in an educational area from a university accredited by a US Department of Education-recognized institutional accreditor and who also hold “M” level certification from the State of North Carolina. Candidates who successfully complete the 21 hour sequence will be recommended for licensure area 012 Level I (Principal). Classes are held off-campus in cohort-style classes.
Off-campus cohort instructional sites:
- Cabarrus County: Kannapolis City Schools, A.L. Brown High School, Kannapolis, NC
- Cabarrus County: Jay M Robinson High School, Concord, NC
- Gaston County: Gaston College, Dallas, NC
- Iredell County: Unity Center, Statesville, NC
- Mecklenburg County: Mallard Creek High School, Charlotte, NC
- Rowan County: Jesse C. Carson High School, China Grove, NC
- Union County: Porter Ridge High School, Indian Trail, NC
To find a list of the cohorts and sites, please visit the MSA Cohorts webpage.
Who would benefit from this program?
- Candidates who have three years of successful teaching experience or relevant school experience at the time of application
- Candidates who want to work in school administration
- Candidates who seek on-campus classes at times and locations conducive to professionals working in local schools and districts
What can I expect to learn in this program?
- The program prepares innovative, collaborative, effective, and reflective leaders.
To read more about what you can expect to complete in the Post Master’s Certificate in School Administration, visit the departmental website.
To hear what students are saying about this program, take a look at the student testimonials.