What can I do with this program after I graduate?
- Upon completion of the certificate and passing the Praxis II, students can be recommended for school counseling licensure through the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. Pending state requirements, this licensure may be reciprocal with school counseling licensure/certification in other states.
School Counseling courses are are delivered 100% online. A new course sequence begins each Summer. The certificate consists of 12 credit hours that are offered as one course in each of the summer sessions and two courses in the fall term. This program culminates in a 300-hour supervised school counseling internship, in addition to participation in weekly internship supervision seminars for students to demonstrate advanced level skills.
- CSLG 7141: The Professional School Counselor (3)
- CSLG 7140: Consultation in School Counseling (3)
- CSLG 7646: Administration and Leadership of School Counseling Services (3)
- CSLG 7436: Advanced Internship in Counseling (3)