UNC Charlotte offers two pre-education courses online that are specifically designed and offered for students enrolled in community colleges that are planning on transferring to UNC Charlotte as education majors.
Courses Offered Fall and Spring:
- EDUC 2100 Introduction to Education and Diversity in Schools. (3)
- Social, historical, and philosophical foundations of the educating professions, the organization and various levels of education, and the major issues in American education. Field-based activities in observing in-class and non-classroom settings: 5 hours.
- SPED 2100 Introduction to Students with Special Needs. (3)
- This course provides pre-service teachers in both general and special education with an introduction to learners with disabilities as well as those with academic gifts. This required teacher education course assists future teachers in understanding the nature of disabilities and special gifts, their impact on learning and other life outcomes, and appropriate educational programming. Since an increasing number of learners with special needs are served in the general education classroom, all teachers have a responsibility to provide effective educational programs for all students.
How to apply?
- Undergraduate students apply to UNC Charlotte as a transfer students with Undergraduate Admissions