- Registered nurses seeking admission to the curriculum who need to complete nursing prerequisites and/or general education courses may apply for admission to the Pre-RN-to-B.S.N. Completion Curriculum.
Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
Admission to Pre-RN-to-B.S.N. does not automatically admit an applicant to the RN-to-B.S.N. Completion Curriculum. Additional application to the School of Nursing is necessary.
Admission decisions are made by the School of Nursing. Applicants are competitively reviewed for admission based on their prerequisite GPA.
Two applications are required for admission:
- Undergraduate Admission Application (Admissions website)
- School of Nursing Application (Printable PDF)
Criteria for admission:
- A current unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse.
- A grade point average of 2.0 or better in all college courses which are eligible for transfer to UNC Charlotte.
- At least a "C" in all required nursing prerequisites.
- Completion of all prerequisites, and general education courses by the end of the semester prior to the semester for which the application is made.
- Additional consideration is given to students with a previous bachelor’s or master’s degree, previous UNC Charlotte course credit, and current work experience as a registered nurse.
Recommended process for potential UNC Charlotte students:
- Discuss with the RN-to-B.S.N.-Coordinator a plan of study and evaluate previous course work.
- Complete UNC Charlotte transfer student undergraduate application.
- Complete UNC Charlotte School of Nursing RN-to-B.S.N. Completion Program application.
- Prior to enrolling in RN-to-B.S.N. program courses all students must have the following:
- Current unencumbered license to practice as a RN in the United States.
- Liability insurance.
- Meet University Immunization and Health Requirements.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater in AAS degree coursework.