University and College Teaching: Info Session
- Upcoming Information Session: Monday September 16th at 5:00pm via WebEx.
- Join us for an information session to learn more about the Post-Master's Certificate in University and College Teaching program at UNC Charlotte.
- Register and join
The 12-credit hour Post-Master’s Graduate Certificate in University and College Teaching will prepare graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, current faculty, and others with the skills needed for the full range of faculty responsibilities at a range of institutions of higher education.
Who would benefit from this program?
- Doctoral students from various programs
- Adjunct faculty and lecturers who are new to teaching
- Community college faculty and new tenure-track faculty who are content experts but not trained in teaching pedagogies
What can I expect to learn in this program?
- Demonstrate an understanding of the issues facing American college students through an exploration of student development theories and an examination of the relationship between the college environment and student engagement and success
- Develop concrete skills in teaching
- Apply effective instructional design, adult learning principles, curriculum models and delivery formats to create engaging learning experiences
- Analyze, design, develop, and evaluate online learning including preparing online students, facilitating, fostering a sense of community, and administering online instruction