Students should contact their advisor each term before the registration period opens. Your advisor helps guide your academic progress at UNC Charlotte. He or she can answer questions related to transfer credit, your program curriculum, and prerequisites.
How do you find your advisor?
Your assigned advisor may be listed on your General Student Record in Banner Self-Service. Some departments do not assign specific advisors, but make several available to you. If your record does not list an advisor, contact the department of your major. To find your advisor:
1. Log into My UNC Charlotte
2. Click on "Banner Self-Service"
3. Click on "Student Services/Student Accounts"
4. Click on "Student Records"
5. Click on "General Student Record"