To be considered for admission to the Neurodiagnostics and Sleep Science Program, you must meet the following minimum admission eligibility requirements:
- Current registration as a RPSGT or R.EEG T. by the Board of Registration of Polysomnographic Technologists or the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better from a degree program that is from a regionally accredited institution. Degree must be one of the following:
- AS or AA
- AAS in either Polysomnography, Neurodiagnostics Technology or Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor degree
- Training in sleep technology
- Earn at least a C in all coursework taken by the end of the semester prior to the semester for which application is made.
Meeting the minimum requirements of the program does not guarantee admission into the program. All application materials for fall admission must be received no later than June 1st; however, it is recommended that you apply as soon as possible.
Do you live outside of the State of North Carolina?
There are two (2) applications to apply to the Neurodiagnostics and Sleep Science Program. Admission to UNC Charlotte is independent of admission to the Neurodiagnostics and Sleep Science Program. Admission decisions are communicated in writing by the Department. Applicants who are denied may reapply.
Step 1: Apply to the Department of Kinesiology by completing the online application below. As part of this application, submit the following items to the address below or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One official transcript from every college or university you have attended, are currently attending or from which you will receive credit
- A photocopy of your RPSGT or R.EEG T. certificate
- A current basic life support or basic CPR certification
Mary Ellen Wells
UNC School of Medicine, CB #7120
301 A South Columbia Street.
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
Step 2: Apply for admission to UNC Charlotte as a Transfer student. You can complete this after you have submitted this application.
- Please be aware that if you have not been enrolled for 12 consecutive months after the semester last attended at UNC Charlotte, you will need to apply for readmission to the University through the Office of the Registrar.